How Do you Select Best industrial property and commercial business Buildings for sale in Germiston?
[tag] is a specialist field. Not all property agents know enough about the commercial property market and the property type to do it well. Sellers in Germiston should choose their agent with care.
The owners of investment property that want to sell their asset should carefully choose a real estate agent that is well versed in the market trends and the property type. That agent should also show a high level of current market share and success in commercial property in Germiston over the years.
Selling commercial property is not an ‘experiment’ or an exercise in ‘hope and pray’. When undertaken correctly in any market situation by a skilful agent, a property will attract enquiry and a sale is possible. The result then sits on the client’s ability to accept the industrial property for sale market price and market evidence. There are always buyers out there; they just have to be found and the sellers need to be accepting of the market trends.
Interesting Facts About Industrial Property and Commercial Business Buildings for Sale in Germiston:
Not all commercial investment properties should be auctioned, but the auction method of sale does have real advantages if the property is just right and the market is accepting of that method of sale. Here is why.
The key governing factors to determine if auction is a real chance or choice for the property owner are the current levels of enquiry for that property type, and the prevailing business sentiment. If this is the case then you can look further at auction.
The auction method of sale is a proven time based sale process that flushes out the enquiry and if the investment property ticks all the other boxes such as:
- Preferred property type in the local market.
- Good improvements on the property.
- Location factors that attract enquiry.
- Capital growth opportunities.
- Good tenant profile or anchor tenant.
- Good lease structure that supports stability of rent.
- Low vacancy factors and associated risk.
- Tenant mix that is well structured and balanced for property function and rent growth. This is really important in retail property.
- A realistic seller with a reserve price that allows for comparable property evidence and other sales history.
- A vendor funded marketing campaign that targets the right buyers and activates enquiry from them.
- Acceptable (and not excessive) levels of comparable property on the market that are competing with the subject property coming up for auction.
Do not overlook the advantages of auctioning a commercial property. Just make sure all the other existing elements are in support of that method of sale before you start.
Commercial Real Estate Property
"Property on ground lease" is among the most confusing phrases, even to commercial real estate brokers. There are up to 3 parties in a "property on ground lease": the business owner, e.g. Burger King, the landowner and the building owner. When you see a sale of "property on ground lease", it could mean:
1. Sale of land only. In this case, the building owner is the tenant, e.g. Burger King that has a business in the building. The tenant typically signs a 10-20 years absolute NNN ground lease with the landowner to lease the parcel. Should the tenant not renew the lease or be in default of the lease by not paying rent, the building with substantial value is reverted to the landowner. The tenant will make every effort to pay rent to avoid losing the building to the landlord. And so the cap rate for this property is about 1-2% lower than a property with both land and building.
There are a couple of possible scenarios that could lead into a land sale only:
· The business owner, e.g. a Burger King franchisee, could own both land and building originally. He then structures the sale of land only to an investor and then leases it back. He receives the tax benefits of being able to depreciate 100% of the building and fixtures. The tenant could later sell his interest in the building without the land to another investor and lease back the building.
6. Is it easy to sell your interest if the lease has a few years left? If you own the land, your interest may be hard to sell, but still sellable. Once the ground lease expires, the building owner owns nothing. As a result, this can make it quite challenging to find a buyer for the building.
7. Tax write-off's: Land does not depreciate for income tax purposes. The building, on the other hand is 100% depreciable.
8. Financing: if you buy the land portion, you should be able to obtain 65% LTV financing in today's market, just like a typical property with both land and improvements. However, it's very difficult to get financing for the building acquisition, especially when the ground lease has less than 20 years left.
Therefore, when you see a "property on ground lease" for sale, make sure you know what you are buying, considering there are many factors involved that can adversely impact/contest an investor's decision. If you're contemplating on buying the building without the land, think twice and make sure you have a clear understanding of all the plusses/minuses involved in this decision.
Search for Commercial Land For Sale Near Me in Germiston
If you want to earn more than what you get when working with an employer, it is high time for you to invest and start up your own business. But of course, before investing and putting up a business, you have to see to it that you can do and what business can you put up to make you obtain success. No doubt Miami is one of the cities in Us that is growing and know for its high business opportunities. With this, there are more and more individuals, who visit that city, enjoy and have fun. There are also some who stayed in the city for good, either they wish to explore the beauty of the city or they want to obtain success through the job opportunities in Miami.
In your desire to buy a Miami commercial real estate property, you have to give time, effort and alertness. Of course, you wish to get the right property in order for you to easily cater your target market. So you have to choose the right location or neighborhood in order to assure that things will work out well.
You can use the internet in looking for Miami commercial real estate properties to choose from and pick the one that you think is the right one for you.
Buying Commercial Real Estate As Investment Property
All property that has the potential to generate revenue now or in the future is commercial real estate. Some types of commercial real estate are:
o OFFICE PROPERTIES... Executive office space, office buildings, executive suites, flex space, rental office space, upscale office parks, corporate headquarters, class A office suites, freestanding offices, bank branches.
o RETAIL PROPERTIES... Shopping centers and shopping malls, shops, strip center sites, chain store site, showrooms, major franchise locations, showroom space, retail sites, pads, out parcels, free standing stores.
o INVESTMENT PROPERTY... Office buildings, industrial rental properties, realty, multifamily rentals, regional shopping malls, shopping centers, rental properties, net leased properties, business parks, land parcels, residential developments.
o HOTEL AND RESORT PROPERTIES... Hotels, motels, resort lodging and hospitality properties, luxury resorts, convention centers, motel and hotel brokers, golf courses, theme park sites, stadiums, attractions. Note that unused property held for future appreciation is also considered to be commercial real estate.