How Do you Select Best industrial property and commercial business Buildings for sale in Kempton Park?
[tag] is a specialist field. Not all property agents know enough about the commercial property market and the property type to do it well. Sellers in Kempton Park should choose their agent with care.
The owners of investment property that want to sell their asset should carefully choose a real estate agent that is well versed in the market trends and the property type. That agent should also show a high level of current market share and success in commercial property in Kempton Park over the years.
Selling commercial property is not an ‘experiment’ or an exercise in ‘hope and pray’. When undertaken correctly in any market situation by a skilful agent, a property will attract enquiry and a sale is possible. The result then sits on the client’s ability to accept the industrial property for sale market price and market evidence. There are always buyers out there; they just have to be found and the sellers need to be accepting of the market trends.
Interesting Facts About Industrial Property and Commercial Business Buildings for Sale in Kempton Park:
"Property on ground lease" is among the most confusing phrases, even to commercial real estate brokers. There are up to 3 parties in a "property on ground lease": the business owner, e.g. Burger King, the landowner and the building owner. When you see a sale of "property on ground lease", it could mean:
1. Sale of land only. In this case, the building owner is the tenant, e.g. Burger King that has a business in the building. The tenant typically signs a 10-20 years absolute NNN ground lease with the landowner to lease the parcel. Should the tenant not renew the lease or be in default of the lease by not paying rent, the building with substantial value is reverted to the landowner. The tenant will make every effort to pay rent to avoid losing the building to the landlord. And so the cap rate for this property is about 1-2% lower than a property with both land and building.
There are a couple of possible scenarios that could lead into a land sale only:
· The business owner, e.g. a Burger King franchisee, could own both land and building originally. He then structures the sale of land only to an investor and then leases it back. He receives the tax benefits of being able to depreciate 100% of the building and fixtures. The tenant could later sell his interest in the building without the land to another investor and lease back the building.
6. Is it easy to sell your interest if the lease has a few years left? If you own the land, your interest may be hard to sell, but still sellable. Once the ground lease expires, the building owner owns nothing. As a result, this can make it quite challenging to find a buyer for the building.
7. Tax write-off's: Land does not depreciate for income tax purposes. The building, on the other hand is 100% depreciable.
8. Financing: if you buy the land portion, you should be able to obtain 65% LTV financing in today's market, just like a typical property with both land and improvements. However, it's very difficult to get financing for the building acquisition, especially when the ground lease has less than 20 years left.
Therefore, when you see a "property on ground lease" for sale, make sure you know what you are buying, considering there are many factors involved that can adversely impact/contest an investor's decision. If you're contemplating on buying the building without the land, think twice and make sure you have a clear understanding of all the plusses/minuses involved in this decision.
How Do You Quickly Determine the Value of Commercial Property for Sale?
When salespeople start off their career in commercial real estate sales and leasing they seem to start working on industrial property first. Perhaps that is because the property type is quite simple and basic. That being said, there is still a need to understand the industrial property type and what the prospects in the market are looking for.
Every industrial property should be fully understood before action is taken in listing and marketing the property for either sales or lease. When you completely understand the industrial property it is a lot easier to make the marketing work for you and bring in the enquiry.
So let's say that you have a property marketing campaign running and you have some enquiry coming in. Asking the right questions of the prospect will help you move ahead in any property inspection if and when it is to occur. To help yourself here you could develop a checklist that you keep by the telephone and with you as you speak to other people and prospects making enquiries.
When it comes to industrial property, some of these factors will be important to the people that you talk to or that ring off the marketing of industrial property. Add these facts to other regional issues and create a list of items that help build your market share and convert prospects to the right properties.
Industrial property sales and leasing is not hard; it is just specialised and your questions and conversations with prospects should reflect that relevance.
Search for Commercial Warehouse For Sale Near Me in Kempton Park
All property that has the potential to generate revenue now or in the future is commercial real estate. Some types of commercial real estate are:
o OFFICE PROPERTIES... Executive office space, office buildings, executive suites, flex space, rental office space, upscale office parks, corporate headquarters, class A office suites, freestanding offices, bank branches.
o RETAIL PROPERTIES... Shopping centers and shopping malls, shops, strip center sites, chain store site, showrooms, major franchise locations, showroom space, retail sites, pads, out parcels, free standing stores.
o INVESTMENT PROPERTY... Office buildings, industrial rental properties, realty, multifamily rentals, regional shopping malls, shopping centers, rental properties, net leased properties, business parks, land parcels, residential developments.
o HOTEL AND RESORT PROPERTIES... Hotels, motels, resort lodging and hospitality properties, luxury resorts, convention centers, motel and hotel brokers, golf courses, theme park sites, stadiums, attractions. Note that unused property held for future appreciation is also considered to be commercial real estate.
Listing Commercial Property - Can You Price a Property to Sell In Offices?
The very first thing you need to ask yourself when wanting to purchase a new commercial property is what is its value not it's selling price? You need to know what you're going to be able to sell it for in order to make a profit before buying it. Also ask yourself if the asking price is relative to the income the property is generating.
Vendors usually take chances and try to price a commercial property based on its future value. Unfortunately most vendors don't get their properties sold as banks don't look at the future value but the current market value of that property. So how do you value commercial property? Below are three tips I use to help me make the right decision when buying a property.
In other words if you have a property that generated R150,000 per year but it has expenses of R50,000 per year that would leave you with a NOI of R100,000 per year. If you purchased a property worth one million rand and it generates a income of R100,000 per year that would be called a 10 cap property. The 10 cap means you would get a 10% return on your investment each and every year for your one million rand invested assuming you bought the property cash.