Not all Business With Property For Sale Near Me in Pomona should be auctioned, but the auction method of sale does have real advantages if the property is just right and the market is accepting of that method of sale. Here is why.
The key governing factors to determine if auction is a real chance or choice for the commercial property owner are the current levels of enquiry for that property type, and the prevailing business sentiment. If this is the case then you can look further at auction.
The auction method of sale is a proven time based sale process that flushes out the enquiry and if the investment property ticks all the other boxes such as acceptable (and not excessive) levels of comparable property on the market that are competing with the subject property coming up for auction.
Do not overlook the advantages of auctioning a commercial property. Just make sure all the other existing elements are in support of that method of sale before you start, which is why they use commercial business industrial property buildings for sale agents.
How Do You Select The Commercial Business Industrial Property Buildings for Sale in Pomona?
Before we answer this question, it might be helpful to actually define each term first.
Retail and industrial are both considered 'commercial real estate' (as opposed to 'residential real estate'). Commercial real estate refers to buildings or land intended to generate profit; industrial and retail are simply sub-categories of commercial real estate.
Firstly an industrial property is defined as a property used for the actual manufacturing of something, and can be considered either a factory or plant. This is usually zoned for light, medium or heavy industry. This includes things such as warehouses, garages and distribution centers etc.
Retail property is a commercially zoned property used solely for business purposes, the actual selling of the product, rather than its manufacture - retail stores, malls, shopping centers and shops all huddling nicely under the retail umbrella.
3) Natural Light - in especially high demand nowadays
4) Location - close to other offices, public amenities, transportation etc.
Since 1980, retail property has returned an average of 9%, though is currently returning around 6%. Industrial real estate tends to be the most volatile, and is currently returning around 7% (as opposed to its peak of around 12% during the 1990's recession).
And obviously, no matter which form of commercial property you're considering, read the lease carefully. Sounds like a silly thing to say, but you'd be very surprised at the issues that can become issues simply because things weren't read properly!
The Difference Between Industrial, Retail and Commercial Real Estate
Selling commercial property is not an easy task. The most common thought that comes to most when selling property is which real estate agent to choose. There are thousands of real estate agents that are listed in the phone book, online, advertised on television and in the street. So who do you choose?
Never go with your first option - there are so many real estate agents to choose from, so you should always research agents thoroughly. Selling your property is an important decision, so make another important decision by choosing the right real estate agent. Find out how below:
• First, try to use someone that is reliable. The best way to find out who is reliable is by seeking candidates that your friends or family have used in the past. These people will be able to give you a truthful and firsthand experience of what it was like to work with that particular real estate agent.
• Another benefit of the real estate agent is if he or she has sold and is familiar with the neighbourhood where your commercial property is located.
• Lastly, the schedule of you and your agent should be compatible. Communication is key in selling property, but if you and the agent cannot find a common ground in your schedules, it is unlikely that the partnership will turn out favourably.
If you follow these tips to choosing the best real estate agent to sell or lease your commercial property then you should be well on the way to being a happy landlord or even a very wealthy vendor!
Find All Business With Property For Sale Near Me in Pomona
"Property on ground lease" is among the most confusing phrases, even to commercial real estate brokers. There are up to 3 parties in a "property on ground lease": the business owner, e.g. Burger King, the landowner and the building owner. When you see a sale of "property on ground lease", it could mean:
1. Sale of land only. In this case, the building owner is the tenant, e.g. Burger King that has a business in the building. The tenant typically signs a 10-20 years absolute NNN ground lease with the landowner to lease the parcel. Should the tenant not renew the lease or be in default of the lease by not paying rent, the building with substantial value is reverted to the landowner. The tenant will make every effort to pay rent to avoid losing the building to the landlord. And so the cap rate for this property is about 1-2% lower than a property with both land and building.
There are a couple of possible scenarios that could lead into a land sale only:
· The business owner, e.g. a Burger King franchisee, could own both land and building originally. He then structures the sale of land only to an investor and then leases it back. He receives the tax benefits of being able to depreciate 100% of the building and fixtures. The tenant could later sell his interest in the building without the land to another investor and lease back the building.
6. Is it easy to sell your interest if the lease has a few years left? If you own the land, your interest may be hard to sell, but still sellable. Once the ground lease expires, the building owner owns nothing. As a result, this can make it quite challenging to find a buyer for the building.
7. Tax write-off's: Land does not depreciate for income tax purposes. The building, on the other hand is 100% depreciable.
8. Financing: if you buy the land portion, you should be able to obtain 65% LTV financing in today's market, just like a typical property with both land and improvements. However, it's very difficult to get financing for the building acquisition, especially when the ground lease has less than 20 years left.
Therefore, when you see a "property on ground lease" for sale, make sure you know what you are buying, considering there are many factors involved that can adversely impact/contest an investor's decision. If you're contemplating on buying the building without the land, think twice and make sure you have a clear understanding of all the plusses/minuses involved in this decision.
Industrial Property Buying Tips and Tools
Not all commercial investment properties should be auctioned, but the auction method of sale does have real advantages if the property is just right and the market is accepting of that method of sale. Here is why.
The key governing factors to determine if auction is a real chance or choice for the property owner are the current levels of enquiry for that property type, and the prevailing business sentiment. If this is the case then you can look further at auction.
The auction method of sale is a proven time based sale process that flushes out the enquiry and if the investment property ticks all the other boxes such as:
- Preferred property type in the local market.
- Good improvements on the property.
- Location factors that attract enquiry.
- Capital growth opportunities.
- Good tenant profile or anchor tenant.
- Good lease structure that supports stability of rent.
- Low vacancy factors and associated risk.
- Tenant mix that is well structured and balanced for property function and rent growth. This is really important in retail property.
- A realistic seller with a reserve price that allows for comparable property evidence and other sales history.
- A vendor funded marketing campaign that targets the right buyers and activates enquiry from them.
- Acceptable (and not excessive) levels of comparable property on the market that are competing with the subject property coming up for auction.
Do not overlook the advantages of auctioning a commercial property. Just make sure all the other existing elements are in support of that method of sale before you start.