Industrial Property and Commercial Business Buildings for sale in Johannesburg – Are They The Answer To Your Investment Problem?
Selling Industrial commercial properties is not an easy task. The most common thought that comes to most when selling property is which real estate agent to choose. There are thousands of real estate agents that are listed in the phone book, online, advertised on television and in the street. So who do you choose?
Never go with your first option – there are so many real estate agents to choose from, so you should always research agents thoroughly. Selling your factory property is an important decision, so make another important decision by choosing the right real estate agent. Find out how below:
• First, try to use someone that is reliable. The best way to find out who is reliable is by seeking candidates that your friends or family have used in the past. These people will be able to give you a truthful and firsthand experience of what it was like to work with that particular real estate agent.
• Another benefit of the real estate agent is if he or she has sold and is familiar with the neighbourhood where your commercial property is located.
• Lastly, the schedule of you and your agent should be compatible. Communication is key in selling property, but if you and the agent cannot find a common ground in your schedules, it is unlikely that the partnership will turn out favourably.
If you follow these tips to choosing the best real estate agent to sell or lease your commercial property then you should be well on the way to being a happy landlord or even a very wealthy vendor!
What commercial property types should you buy? You should consider the pros & cons of each property type, as well as, have a good understanding of your investment objectives and your experience. These factors will help lead you to your ideal commercial property.
Listed below are the most common commercial property types.
Apartments or multi-family buildings are usually the first choice for new commercial investors. Apartment management and financing is very similar to residential, and so new investors feel more comfortable with them. The main disadvantage with apartments, is that they are management intensive.
In order for an apartment to be considered commercial property, it must have 5 or more units. There are numerous sub-types of apartments:
When you are looking at properties to purchase, pay close attention to the location and general market for that area. You will want to avoid properties that are located in economically depressed or seasonal areas. Also, the property should have acceptable aesthetic qualities to be competitive with market standards and have a minimum occupancy of at least 85%.
What if the property you are evaluating has inferior physical characteristics or is in an economically depressed area?
You may have a higher interest rate, higher reserves and tighter underwriting constraints.
These property types are nursing homes, congregate care and assisted living centers. Properties should be close to retail and community services. Be cautious of properties in economically depressed or seasonal areas. Also, be sure that the property complies with ADA requirements.
Hotels are characterized as either Full Service or Limited Service.
Full Service Hotels can be further divided into Luxury, Upscale, Mid-scale, and Extended Stay hotels.
Limited Service Hotels can be further divided into Mid-scale, Economy, Budget and Extended Stay. When considering hotel properties, the property should have a stable operational history. A property with a history of four or less years should be scrutinized. The minimum acceptable occupancy is usually 60%. Lenders also prefer franchise affiliated hotels with franchise agreements extending beyond the term of the proposed loan.
These property types will have usage for industrial purposes only. Such as
Also is called Mini-Storage, it is used for personal storage for lease by consumers.
These property types are unique and the financing them can be difficult. They include
gas stations, oil change facilities, etc.
Commercial Property Types-Which One Is The Best?
To sell or lease a commercial property as a real estate agent you have to tap into the target market and do it well. This says that you have to understand that target market in your location before you start the process of promotion. To define a target market is sometimes hard given the relative property.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What media will reach the target market in a direct and sustained way?
- What is the best time to promote the property to the target market?
- What is the capability of the target market to act and purchase the property at the moment?
- Why would the target market buy or lease such a property now or at any future time?
The internet today is playing a significant part in the promotion of property. It is cheaper but available to all in most marketing campaigns. It has a sustained promotional life and has the ability to capture enquiry for many weeks.
When the enquiry starts to come in, it should be captured and categorised. The value of a great database of buyers, sellers, landlords, and tenants is high in the operation of a real estate office. The more people you know the better the listings and enquiry will be. This is where a team of good salespeople all running an accurate database of well qualified prospects can make a significant difference in the market place.
Choosing a Real Estate Agent - When Can You Sell Your Commercial Property?
Real estate has always been known as the safest of investments.
In fact, real estate investment completed after proper research into and evaluation of the property (to determine actual and future value), can lead to tremendous profit.
This is one reason many people choose real estate investment as their full time job.
Discussions about real estate tend to focus on residential real estate; commercial real estate, except to seasoned investors, typically seems to take a back seat.
However, commercial real estate is also a great option for investing in real estate.
Commercial real estate includes a large variety of property types.
To a majority of people, commercial real estate is only office complexes or factories or industrial units.
However, that is not all of commercial real estate. There is far more to commercial real estate.
Strip malls, health care centers, retail units and warehouse are all good examples of commercial real estate as is vacant land.
Even residential properties like apartments (or any property that consists of more than four residential units) are considered commercial real estate. In fact, such commercial real estate is very much in demand.
Or in another case (i.e. when a retail boom is expected in a region), though your commercial real estate investment strategy was devised around purchasing vacant land, you might find it more profitable to buy a property such as a strip mall or small plaza that you can lease to retailers or a property that you can convert into a warehouse for the purpose of renting to small businesses.
So in a nutshell, commercial real estate presents a veritable plethora of
investing opportunities, you just need to recognize them and go for it.
About the Author:
Dave Jarvis is a licensed Real Estate Broker in Florida and is Broker and Owner of Realty Concepts, Inc. a Southwest Florida Real Estate Corporation.
If you are interested in Southwest Florida Properties see his website at [http://www.rciflorida.com]
For additional Real Estate information go to: [http://www.realestateseekerusa.com]
For Real Estate Financing information see : [http://www.mortgageseekerusa.com]
- Industrial Real Estate For Sale Near Me Germiston
- Cheap Commercial Property For Sale Near Me Centurion
- Commercial Real Estate Investing Near Me Alberton
- Business With Property For Sale Near Me Pretoria North
- Where To Buy Commercial Property Near Me Boksburg
- Cheap Commercial Land For Sale Near Me Milnerton
- Commercial Industrial Property For Sale Near Me Johannesburg West
- Commercial Real Estate Land For Sale Near Me Randburg
- Industrial Property For Sale Near Me Pretoria East
- Industrial Real Estate For Sale Near Me Northern Suburbs
- Real Estate Agents For Commercial Properties Near Me Johannesburg South
- Buying A Commercial Property Near Me Kempton Park