How Do you Select Best industrial property and commercial business Buildings for sale in Johannesburg West?
[tag] is a specialist field. Not all property agents know enough about the commercial property market and the property type to do it well. Sellers in Johannesburg West should choose their agent with care.
The owners of investment property that want to sell their asset should carefully choose a real estate agent that is well versed in the market trends and the property type. That agent should also show a high level of current market share and success in commercial property in Johannesburg West over the years.
Selling commercial property is not an ‘experiment’ or an exercise in ‘hope and pray’. When undertaken correctly in any market situation by a skilful agent, a property will attract enquiry and a sale is possible. The result then sits on the client’s ability to accept the industrial property for sale market price and market evidence. There are always buyers out there; they just have to be found and the sellers need to be accepting of the market trends.
Interesting Facts About Industrial Property and Commercial Business Buildings for Sale in Johannesburg West:
Commercial real estate selling is a specialist field. Not all property agents know enough about the commercial property market and the property type to do it well. Sellers should choose their agent with care.
The owners of investment property that want to sell their asset should carefully choose a real estate agent that is well versed in the market trends and the property type. That agent should also show a high level of current market share and success in commercial property over the years.
Selling commercial property is not an 'experiment' or an exercise in 'hope and pray'. When undertaken correctly in any market situation by a skilful agent, a property will attract enquiry and a sale is possible. The result then sits on the client's ability to accept the market price and market evidence. There are always buyers out there; they just have to be found and the sellers need to be accepting of the market trends.
Selling a commercial property is a highly skillful process. The chosen agent and salesperson should bring all these skills to the property owner. In that way a property sale in any market and economic situation is far more possible.
Commercial Agents - Tips for Qualifying Industrial Property Buyers or Tenants
"Property on ground lease" is among the most confusing phrases, even to commercial real estate brokers. There are up to 3 parties in a "property on ground lease": the business owner, e.g. Burger King, the landowner and the building owner. When you see a sale of "property on ground lease", it could mean:
1. Sale of land only. In this case, the building owner is the tenant, e.g. Burger King that has a business in the building. The tenant typically signs a 10-20 years absolute NNN ground lease with the landowner to lease the parcel. Should the tenant not renew the lease or be in default of the lease by not paying rent, the building with substantial value is reverted to the landowner. The tenant will make every effort to pay rent to avoid losing the building to the landlord. And so the cap rate for this property is about 1-2% lower than a property with both land and building.
There are a couple of possible scenarios that could lead into a land sale only:
· The business owner, e.g. a Burger King franchisee, could own both land and building originally. He then structures the sale of land only to an investor and then leases it back. He receives the tax benefits of being able to depreciate 100% of the building and fixtures. The tenant could later sell his interest in the building without the land to another investor and lease back the building.
6. Is it easy to sell your interest if the lease has a few years left? If you own the land, your interest may be hard to sell, but still sellable. Once the ground lease expires, the building owner owns nothing. As a result, this can make it quite challenging to find a buyer for the building.
7. Tax write-off's: Land does not depreciate for income tax purposes. The building, on the other hand is 100% depreciable.
8. Financing: if you buy the land portion, you should be able to obtain 65% LTV financing in today's market, just like a typical property with both land and improvements. However, it's very difficult to get financing for the building acquisition, especially when the ground lease has less than 20 years left.
Therefore, when you see a "property on ground lease" for sale, make sure you know what you are buying, considering there are many factors involved that can adversely impact/contest an investor's decision. If you're contemplating on buying the building without the land, think twice and make sure you have a clear understanding of all the plusses/minuses involved in this decision.
Search for Commercial Real Estate Businesses For Sale Near Me in Johannesburg West
When salespeople start off their career in commercial real estate sales and leasing they seem to start working on industrial property first. Perhaps that is because the property type is quite simple and basic. That being said, there is still a need to understand the industrial property type and what the prospects in the market are looking for.
Every industrial property should be fully understood before action is taken in listing and marketing the property for either sales or lease. When you completely understand the industrial property it is a lot easier to make the marketing work for you and bring in the enquiry.
So let's say that you have a property marketing campaign running and you have some enquiry coming in. Asking the right questions of the prospect will help you move ahead in any property inspection if and when it is to occur. To help yourself here you could develop a checklist that you keep by the telephone and with you as you speak to other people and prospects making enquiries.
When it comes to industrial property, some of these factors will be important to the people that you talk to or that ring off the marketing of industrial property. Add these facts to other regional issues and create a list of items that help build your market share and convert prospects to the right properties.
Industrial property sales and leasing is not hard; it is just specialised and your questions and conversations with prospects should reflect that relevance.
Listing Commercial Property - Can You Price a Property to Sell In Offices?
Selling commercial property is not an easy task. The most common thought that comes to most when selling property is which real estate agent to choose. There are thousands of real estate agents that are listed in the phone book, online, advertised on television and in the street. So who do you choose?
Never go with your first option - there are so many real estate agents to choose from, so you should always research agents thoroughly. Selling your property is an important decision, so make another important decision by choosing the right real estate agent. Find out how below:
• First, try to use someone that is reliable. The best way to find out who is reliable is by seeking candidates that your friends or family have used in the past. These people will be able to give you a truthful and firsthand experience of what it was like to work with that particular real estate agent.
• Another benefit of the real estate agent is if he or she has sold and is familiar with the neighbourhood where your commercial property is located.
• Lastly, the schedule of you and your agent should be compatible. Communication is key in selling property, but if you and the agent cannot find a common ground in your schedules, it is unlikely that the partnership will turn out favourably.
If you follow these tips to choosing the best real estate agent to sell or lease your commercial property then you should be well on the way to being a happy landlord or even a very wealthy vendor!