Not all Vacant Commercial Land For Sale Near Me in City Deep should be auctioned, but the auction method of sale does have real advantages if the property is just right and the market is accepting of that method of sale. Here is why.
The key governing factors to determine if auction is a real chance or choice for the commercial property owner are the current levels of enquiry for that property type, and the prevailing business sentiment. If this is the case then you can look further at auction.
The auction method of sale is a proven time based sale process that flushes out the enquiry and if the investment property ticks all the other boxes such as acceptable (and not excessive) levels of comparable property on the market that are competing with the subject property coming up for auction.
Do not overlook the advantages of auctioning a commercial property. Just make sure all the other existing elements are in support of that method of sale before you start, which is why they use commercial business industrial property buildings for sale agents.
How Do You Select The Commercial Business Industrial Property Buildings for Sale in City Deep?
"Property on ground lease" is among the most confusing phrases, even to commercial real estate brokers. There are up to 3 parties in a "property on ground lease": the business owner, e.g. Burger King, the landowner and the building owner. When you see a sale of "property on ground lease", it could mean:
1. Sale of land only. In this case, the building owner is the tenant, e.g. Burger King that has a business in the building. The tenant typically signs a 10-20 years absolute NNN ground lease with the landowner to lease the parcel. Should the tenant not renew the lease or be in default of the lease by not paying rent, the building with substantial value is reverted to the landowner. The tenant will make every effort to pay rent to avoid losing the building to the landlord. And so the cap rate for this property is about 1-2% lower than a property with both land and building.
There are a couple of possible scenarios that could lead into a land sale only:
· The business owner, e.g. a Burger King franchisee, could own both land and building originally. He then structures the sale of land only to an investor and then leases it back. He receives the tax benefits of being able to depreciate 100% of the building and fixtures. The tenant could later sell his interest in the building without the land to another investor and lease back the building.
6. Is it easy to sell your interest if the lease has a few years left? If you own the land, your interest may be hard to sell, but still sellable. Once the ground lease expires, the building owner owns nothing. As a result, this can make it quite challenging to find a buyer for the building.
7. Tax write-off's: Land does not depreciate for income tax purposes. The building, on the other hand is 100% depreciable.
8. Financing: if you buy the land portion, you should be able to obtain 65% LTV financing in today's market, just like a typical property with both land and improvements. However, it's very difficult to get financing for the building acquisition, especially when the ground lease has less than 20 years left.
Therefore, when you see a "property on ground lease" for sale, make sure you know what you are buying, considering there are many factors involved that can adversely impact/contest an investor's decision. If you're contemplating on buying the building without the land, think twice and make sure you have a clear understanding of all the plusses/minuses involved in this decision.
How Do You Quickly Determine the Value of Commercial Property for Sale?
Many commercial real estate agents will tell you they sell commercial property. The reality is that only a few individuals and companies in any given area sell a lot of commercial property. There are some reasons for this.
- Many salespeople only do general commercial property sales and do not specialise in any particular property segment
- Database size and diversity is low offering small numbers of prospects
- Market intelligence on sales and values is poor
- Prospecting is a random event done as a last resort when things are tough
- The links between property leasing and sales is not respected and optimised
- Focus on skills and knowledge development is lacking for many individuals
This is all about knowing your property market and staying in front of the trends and needs. Commercial real estate is really a people business. The industry is built around logical decisions for both landlords and tenants. When you can provide the property logic and the right information, then more listings and commissions can come your way.
Find All Vacant Commercial Land For Sale Near Me in City Deep
2016 was truly a record-breaking year for US's industrial real estate sector. The previous year saw this sector's demand outpace its supply, and this trend isn't slowing down in 2017. Because of this bullish trend, the sector's vacancy rate has driven down to 5.8 percent-this was the figure, which was released by JLL Industrial Investment Outlook, in the third quarter of 2016.
Because of this trend, the landlords are benefited as the rates of rents rose up to 8.2 percent when compared with those in 2015. Seeing this trend, the investors-are grabbing the opportunities to buy real estate in this expanding market and leveraging the private sector financing via commercial mortgage lenders.
In the industrial real estate sector, the year-over-year investment is down by 28.9 percent from the third quarter of 2015, but the total investment volumes look to be on track because they're all set to create the second-largest tally since the Great Recession.
Due to this, 2017 has a few uncertainties as far as the industrial real estate is concerned. However, the overall outlook of this sector continues to appear optimistic. The mix of uncertainties and optimism defining today's real-estate sector has motivated us to give you five top factors that'll drive the industrial real estate's demand this year.
Creative industrial realty development is rising
The unprecedented demand for industrial real estate and the push to improve delivery services may easily influence development across the US. This development may further persuade a lot of companies to find a space in secondary or even tertiary markets. Because of this, small-sized urban-core warehouses, reconverted assets, fulfillment centers, and multistory warehouses can easily become solutions for several businesses this year.
As there are many changes taking place in regulations and policies related to trade, transportation and storage sectors might easily get affected. Nevertheless, the fundamentals remain, like always, strong. The construction and infrastructure are doubtlessly looking promising owing to the growth of e-commerce. Because of all these driving factors, we're pretty optimistic about the prospects of industrial realty sector flourishing in the coming time.
Commercial Real Estate - Big Profits
Though it is certainly more common, and in many cases easier, to find deals with the single family houses, there are times when the opportunity presents itself to acquire a commercial property. And if you are a person who desires to pursue this venture, there are a few things you want to keep in mind when doing this. Following these simple steps can help speed up the process of getting some of these big deals in the pick line.
First, FFN offers a Commercial Property Boot Camp. This is a must if you want to pursue this arena of the real estate business. This course will teach you all the ins and outs of going through these business transactions. See the website if you want to know when the next one will be offered.
You will also want to keep your eyes open when you're riding around town, especially for fiz-bow signs (FSBO - "for sale by owner). If you see fiz-bow signs on big tracks of vacant land or any type of property, you will certainly want to call those numbers. When you are dealing with fiz-bow in the commercial property world, there is usually a reason they are trying to sell these properties themselves. And sometimes this can lead to some really good deals.