Industrial Property and Commercial Business Buildings for sale in Johannesburg – Are They The Answer To Your Investment Problem?
Selling Industrial commercial properties is not an easy task. The most common thought that comes to most when selling property is which real estate agent to choose. There are thousands of real estate agents that are listed in the phone book, online, advertised on television and in the street. So who do you choose?
Never go with your first option – there are so many real estate agents to choose from, so you should always research agents thoroughly. Selling your factory property is an important decision, so make another important decision by choosing the right real estate agent. Find out how below:
• First, try to use someone that is reliable. The best way to find out who is reliable is by seeking candidates that your friends or family have used in the past. These people will be able to give you a truthful and firsthand experience of what it was like to work with that particular real estate agent.
• Another benefit of the real estate agent is if he or she has sold and is familiar with the neighbourhood where your commercial property is located.
• Lastly, the schedule of you and your agent should be compatible. Communication is key in selling property, but if you and the agent cannot find a common ground in your schedules, it is unlikely that the partnership will turn out favourably.
If you follow these tips to choosing the best real estate agent to sell or lease your commercial property then you should be well on the way to being a happy landlord or even a very wealthy vendor!
Though it is certainly more common, and in many cases easier, to find deals with the single family houses, there are times when the opportunity presents itself to acquire a commercial property. And if you are a person who desires to pursue this venture, there are a few things you want to keep in mind when doing this. Following these simple steps can help speed up the process of getting some of these big deals in the pick line.
First, FFN offers a Commercial Property Boot Camp. This is a must if you want to pursue this arena of the real estate business. This course will teach you all the ins and outs of going through these business transactions. See the website if you want to know when the next one will be offered.
You will also want to keep your eyes open when you're riding around town, especially for fiz-bow signs (FSBO - "for sale by owner). If you see fiz-bow signs on big tracks of vacant land or any type of property, you will certainly want to call those numbers. When you are dealing with fiz-bow in the commercial property world, there is usually a reason they are trying to sell these properties themselves. And sometimes this can lead to some really good deals.
Industrial Property Buying Tips and Tools
Before we answer this question, it might be helpful to actually define each term first.
Retail and industrial are both considered 'commercial real estate' (as opposed to 'residential real estate'). Commercial real estate refers to buildings or land intended to generate profit; industrial and retail are simply sub-categories of commercial real estate.
Firstly an industrial property is defined as a property used for the actual manufacturing of something, and can be considered either a factory or plant. This is usually zoned for light, medium or heavy industry. This includes things such as warehouses, garages and distribution centers etc.
Retail property is a commercially zoned property used solely for business purposes, the actual selling of the product, rather than its manufacture - retail stores, malls, shopping centers and shops all huddling nicely under the retail umbrella.
3) Natural Light - in especially high demand nowadays
4) Location - close to other offices, public amenities, transportation etc.
Since 1980, retail property has returned an average of 9%, though is currently returning around 6%. Industrial real estate tends to be the most volatile, and is currently returning around 7% (as opposed to its peak of around 12% during the 1990's recession).
And obviously, no matter which form of commercial property you're considering, read the lease carefully. Sounds like a silly thing to say, but you'd be very surprised at the issues that can become issues simply because things weren't read properly!
What s the Best Way To Look For Commercial Real Estate Property?
Investing in commercial real estate is entirely different than buying residential properties. Commercial properties are substantially more expensive and must comply with state and local zoning laws. Property owners must have appropriate permits and insurance prior to leasing space to tenants and include provisions according to the American with Disabilities Act.
Commercial real estate includes a variety of properties such as apartment buildings, condominium complexes, shopping malls, retail outlets, office buildings, industrial parks, and plots of vacant land.
When investors purchase vacant land the property must be inspected and approved before buildings can be erected. Property owners must obtain appropriate building permits through their county's zoning commission. Investors need to conduct due diligence to ensure properties are zoned for commercial use before submitting a purchase offer.
Leasing rates for commercial real estate is substantially higher than residential properties. Depending on the area, rental home prices hover around $5 per square foot, while commercial leasing prices can be $10 to $15 per square foot. Prices depend on the type of property, location, and facility use.
Buying commercial real estate can offer a higher level of profit than residential properties, but also carries a higher level of risk. Investors must take time to understand all aspects involved and partner with professionals who they can turn to for advice. Otherwise, they place their self at risk for foreclosure, lawsuits, and tenants who default on leasing agreements.
- Industrial Real Estate For Sale Near Me Germiston
- Cheap Commercial Property For Sale Near Me Centurion
- Commercial Real Estate Investing Near Me Alberton
- Business With Property For Sale Near Me Pretoria North
- Where To Buy Commercial Property Near Me Boksburg
- Cheap Commercial Land For Sale Near Me Milnerton
- Commercial Industrial Property For Sale Near Me Johannesburg West
- Commercial Real Estate Land For Sale Near Me Randburg
- Industrial Property For Sale Near Me Pretoria East
- Industrial Real Estate For Sale Near Me Northern Suburbs
- Real Estate Agents For Commercial Properties Near Me Johannesburg South
- Buying A Commercial Property Near Me Kempton Park