How Do you Select Best industrial property and commercial business Buildings for sale in Milnerton?
[tag] is a specialist field. Not all property agents know enough about the commercial property market and the property type to do it well. Sellers in Milnerton should choose their agent with care.
The owners of investment property that want to sell their asset should carefully choose a real estate agent that is well versed in the market trends and the property type. That agent should also show a high level of current market share and success in commercial property in Milnerton over the years.
Selling commercial property is not an ‘experiment’ or an exercise in ‘hope and pray’. When undertaken correctly in any market situation by a skilful agent, a property will attract enquiry and a sale is possible. The result then sits on the client’s ability to accept the industrial property for sale market price and market evidence. There are always buyers out there; they just have to be found and the sellers need to be accepting of the market trends.
Interesting Facts About Industrial Property and Commercial Business Buildings for Sale in Milnerton:
Selling commercial property is not an easy task. The most common thought that comes to most when selling property is which real estate agent to choose. There are thousands of real estate agents that are listed in the phone book, online, advertised on television and in the street. So who do you choose?
Never go with your first option - there are so many real estate agents to choose from, so you should always research agents thoroughly. Selling your property is an important decision, so make another important decision by choosing the right real estate agent. Find out how below:
• First, try to use someone that is reliable. The best way to find out who is reliable is by seeking candidates that your friends or family have used in the past. These people will be able to give you a truthful and firsthand experience of what it was like to work with that particular real estate agent.
• Another benefit of the real estate agent is if he or she has sold and is familiar with the neighbourhood where your commercial property is located.
• Lastly, the schedule of you and your agent should be compatible. Communication is key in selling property, but if you and the agent cannot find a common ground in your schedules, it is unlikely that the partnership will turn out favourably.
If you follow these tips to choosing the best real estate agent to sell or lease your commercial property then you should be well on the way to being a happy landlord or even a very wealthy vendor!
Buying Commercial Real Estate As Investment Property
Though it is certainly more common, and in many cases easier, to find deals with the single family houses, there are times when the opportunity presents itself to acquire a commercial property. And if you are a person who desires to pursue this venture, there are a few things you want to keep in mind when doing this. Following these simple steps can help speed up the process of getting some of these big deals in the pick line.
First, FFN offers a Commercial Property Boot Camp. This is a must if you want to pursue this arena of the real estate business. This course will teach you all the ins and outs of going through these business transactions. See the website if you want to know when the next one will be offered.
You will also want to keep your eyes open when you're riding around town, especially for fiz-bow signs (FSBO - "for sale by owner). If you see fiz-bow signs on big tracks of vacant land or any type of property, you will certainly want to call those numbers. When you are dealing with fiz-bow in the commercial property world, there is usually a reason they are trying to sell these properties themselves. And sometimes this can lead to some really good deals.
Search for Business Locations For Sale Near Me in Milnerton
A real estate agent listing a commercial property should undertake a detailed property inspection before they give any indication of price or rent to a landlord or property owner. In only this way can they really know what the property is all about; that is what positive and negative aspects the property can create as an investment.
Every property is different and for that simple reason it pays to have some form of checklist to run through when as an agent you are listing the commercial property. The focus of the inspection will change depending on whether the property is to be for sale or for lease but here are some of the key issues that you would want to know about in listing the property for sale.
- Ownership of the property together with the split if any on property ownership
- Decision makers for the ownership
- Location detail and survey plans of the plot
- Details of the improvements in the property
- Details of all the leases and occupancy documents that apply to the sitting tenants
- Tenant contact detail for access in further inspections
- Details of rental paid at the current time and how that is documented
- Vacancy factors and areas that are soon to become vacant
- Details of the expenditure to run the property both today and over the last 3 years (in this way you can check the way the property has performed)
- Orders and notices that may have been issued over the property and which remain outstanding
- Matters relating to current negotiations in leases for further terms or amended lease situations
- Details of any existing lease incentives that have been provided to tenants currently and which remain active for the future
- Access arrangements for people and vehicles getting into and away from the property
- Any encumbrances, liens, and interests from other properties in the area and that can impact the subject property
- Services and amenities that serve the area and the property
- Energy supply and energy consumption factors
- Environmental factors that are current or could impact the property usage
- Heritage matters that can impact the property
The list does not end here but it is a good summary of the main elements that apply in a property inspection. Any one of these items could have issues to impact the price of the property. Importantly you are finding the issues before you price and list a property.
When you have the property correctly documented it makes the sale and any lease negotiation much easier. Most buyers today will undertake their own due diligence in the sale and settlement process. Make sure you find the problems before the buyer does and have all the right answers ready.
Industrial Property Buying Tips and Tools
Not all commercial investment properties should be auctioned, but the auction method of sale does have real advantages if the property is just right and the market is accepting of that method of sale. Here is why.
The key governing factors to determine if auction is a real chance or choice for the property owner are the current levels of enquiry for that property type, and the prevailing business sentiment. If this is the case then you can look further at auction.
The auction method of sale is a proven time based sale process that flushes out the enquiry and if the investment property ticks all the other boxes such as:
- Preferred property type in the local market.
- Good improvements on the property.
- Location factors that attract enquiry.
- Capital growth opportunities.
- Good tenant profile or anchor tenant.
- Good lease structure that supports stability of rent.
- Low vacancy factors and associated risk.
- Tenant mix that is well structured and balanced for property function and rent growth. This is really important in retail property.
- A realistic seller with a reserve price that allows for comparable property evidence and other sales history.
- A vendor funded marketing campaign that targets the right buyers and activates enquiry from them.
- Acceptable (and not excessive) levels of comparable property on the market that are competing with the subject property coming up for auction.
Do not overlook the advantages of auctioning a commercial property. Just make sure all the other existing elements are in support of that method of sale before you start.