Not all Vacant Commercial Land For Sale Near Me in City Deep should be auctioned, but the auction method of sale does have real advantages if the property is just right and the market is accepting of that method of sale. Here is why.
The key governing factors to determine if auction is a real chance or choice for the commercial property owner are the current levels of enquiry for that property type, and the prevailing business sentiment. If this is the case then you can look further at auction.
The auction method of sale is a proven time based sale process that flushes out the enquiry and if the investment property ticks all the other boxes such as acceptable (and not excessive) levels of comparable property on the market that are competing with the subject property coming up for auction.
Do not overlook the advantages of auctioning a commercial property. Just make sure all the other existing elements are in support of that method of sale before you start, which is why they use commercial business industrial property buildings for sale agents.
How Do You Select The Commercial Business Industrial Property Buildings for Sale in City Deep?
Though it is certainly more common, and in many cases easier, to find deals with the single family houses, there are times when the opportunity presents itself to acquire a commercial property. And if you are a person who desires to pursue this venture, there are a few things you want to keep in mind when doing this. Following these simple steps can help speed up the process of getting some of these big deals in the pick line.
First, FFN offers a Commercial Property Boot Camp. This is a must if you want to pursue this arena of the real estate business. This course will teach you all the ins and outs of going through these business transactions. See the website if you want to know when the next one will be offered.
You will also want to keep your eyes open when you're riding around town, especially for fiz-bow signs (FSBO - "for sale by owner). If you see fiz-bow signs on big tracks of vacant land or any type of property, you will certainly want to call those numbers. When you are dealing with fiz-bow in the commercial property world, there is usually a reason they are trying to sell these properties themselves. And sometimes this can lead to some really good deals.
How Do You Quickly Determine the Value of Commercial Property for Sale?
Many property investors choose industrial property as their first type of property investment outside of residential property. This then shows that the first time or smaller property investors believe that industrial property has key advantages for them.
The main advantage we can see frequently is that industrial property is relatively simple and basic when it comes to property performance. It is not hard for property investors to know what to do and what to control with property rents, leases, and property maintenance.
So what could be some other elements of industrial performance that are worth considering if you were and investor and you wanted to purchase a good property or something with real potential? Here is a list to get you started.
These are the most common points of concern and focus in industrial property that we come across as we speak to many investors, tenants, and real estate agents.
- Transport routes to the property and those that are used by a typical industrial tenant must be understood. The routes must be easily accessible as a system of raw material supply and product distribution.
- Many tenants need raw materials as part of their business operation. What are these raw materials and how easy is it for the tenant to get them? Look at the access factors for air transport, shipping and port access, together with freeways and the main road networks.
- The power to the property should be of the type that industry uses. In most cases that is what we call '3 phase' or 'high tension' power. It is the type of power supply that industry needs for large machinery function. If this power is not available you will have to assess how much it will cost to get it to the property.
- Cost and supply of labour force is important to industrial tenants. Invariably they will need people to work in the business. Proximity of the industrial property to local residential areas or towns will help with a source of labour supply; however another advantage with this will be access to public transport for the employees.
- Moving the end manufactured goods to their market is quite important to the industrial tenant. Today we see reasonable flexibility with truck transport and road networks however some very heavy or bulky goods will need rail heads as a point of distribution. Rail transport still has the advantage when it comes to large volume and heavy goods.
- Industrial property investment seems to be strongest in performance around major cities with established growth cycles. Even in a slow economic cycle these industrial properties will perform given the interaction with the community and reasonable access to end markets.
- In good property markets the industrial property tends to give higher levels of return when compared to office and retail property. This is an analysis on average so the other elements of location, tenant selection, and market access are still important to the equation. The industrial property market is still robust when economic cycles are positive.
- When economic cycles change to the positive, it is the industrial property that responds first even before office and retail property.
- Leasing industrial property is basic and simple. Vacancies are easy to manage providing the property is not too special in design that limits tenant usage.
- Rents are usually on a net rent basis and the tenants normally take responsibility for the payment of outgoings. In saying that, the landlord needs to ensure that they have a sound accounting process that checks the tenant in that payment cycle. The landlord does not need or want an unpaid account and fines applied thereto.
- When the property market is active, the pre-lease market on new industrial property construction is quite strong. It is the timing of the release of newer industrial projects that needs to be carefully managed.
- Owner occupation is an element of industrial property performance that moves in cycles. Reading, developing and selling into that property market can be lucrative. This also says that the owner occupiers of industrial property will also sell out of their owned property. Real estate agents can tap into the major businesses to capture this source of new industrial property listings.
- When the property market is 'strong' the yields achieved on well positioned industrial property at sale time are usually attractive for the seller. This does say that care must be exercised in having good tenants, great leases, great location, and a well maintained property.
- Buyers of industrial property come from two sources. That is the investor market and the owner occupiers. This provides versatility in property disposal if one market segment is slower.
- Corporate investors will move property in and out of the balance sheet as the company changes and repositions itself for business advantage. Monitoring the media for such changes will give investors a source of opportunity. The process of 'sale and lease back' is common in industrial property.
- Ample car parking for staff and customers
- Good loading and turning areas for trucks
- Functional office areas that support the warehouse operation
- Generous warehouse height and entry points for trucks and storage
- Security for the premises
- Access to quality business communication systems including telephone, data, internet, and mobile communications
- Good signage at the front of the property that gives the business a clear identity
- Proximity to services such as roads, transport, water, gas, electricity, and other industrial tenants.
These elements are the most common that we see in successful industrial property. Whether you be a real estate agent, a property investor, or a business needing a building to occupy, you can start with this basic list and add your special criteria to formulate the profile of a good industrial property in your area.
Find All Vacant Commercial Land For Sale Near Me in City Deep
When salespeople start off their career in commercial real estate sales and leasing they seem to start working on industrial property first. Perhaps that is because the property type is quite simple and basic. That being said, there is still a need to understand the industrial property type and what the prospects in the market are looking for.
Every industrial property should be fully understood before action is taken in listing and marketing the property for either sales or lease. When you completely understand the industrial property it is a lot easier to make the marketing work for you and bring in the enquiry.
So let's say that you have a property marketing campaign running and you have some enquiry coming in. Asking the right questions of the prospect will help you move ahead in any property inspection if and when it is to occur. To help yourself here you could develop a checklist that you keep by the telephone and with you as you speak to other people and prospects making enquiries.
When it comes to industrial property, some of these factors will be important to the people that you talk to or that ring off the marketing of industrial property. Add these facts to other regional issues and create a list of items that help build your market share and convert prospects to the right properties.
Industrial property sales and leasing is not hard; it is just specialised and your questions and conversations with prospects should reflect that relevance.
Commercial Property Types-Which One Is The Best?
Industrial property is the entry point for many property investors to the commercial property industry. As a property type, industrial property is relatively straightforward with little complexity. The property owner just needs to target and strategise the following issues when looking for a property to buy:
- Stable tenants
- Achievable rentals
- Good property location
- Industrial property precinct
- Growth of the local community and business sector
- Vibrant industrial community supplying services, products, and raw materials
- Access to transport links, ports, airports, and railheads
So now let's look at the industrial property needed today by tenants.
What do Industrial Tenants Need?
Traditional warehouses will include quality height, size, loading and unloading facilities, quality office space to support industrial operations, ample car parking for staff and customers, hardstand areas for operational flexibility, and high levels of security to protect the tenant's goods and their operation.
Industrial tenants today are far more sophisticated and demanding when it comes to selecting a property to lease or buy. The investor should therefore select a property that has all the elements of property usage that tenants expect in the local market. Tenants know that the property will impact operational costs and eventually the bottom line of their business. Tenants will choose their property well as a consequence.
Taking the First Step to Investment in Industrial Property
Industrial warehouses are simple to construct and have a long economic life hence the investor sees it as an entry-level investment vehicle and popular. Providing they select a sound and strong tenant, and apply a good lease, the stable future of the property for investors is normally achievable.
There is very little management required on industrial property, and as direct result many private investors will manage industrial property themselves. Unfortunately this does have negative connotations, in that the first time investor sometimes has little awareness of the specialist terms and operational conditions that is supported by lease documentation on their property.
With industrial property it pays to recognise that the property may be uniquely and specially suited to a particular tenant. This means that the vacancy threat in industrial property must be carefully monitored as any lease reaches the end of term. It is not unusual for industrial property to remain vacant for a lengthy period in the current market.
Mortgage Lenders and Industrial Property
Mortgage lenders for fully leased warehouses occupied on the long leases see them as being good collateral for loans. Long-term financing is typically available for industrial investors at competitive interest rates. The investors of industrial probably find it easy to refinance an expanding portfolio on the back of their established industrial and well leased property.
The secret to success in industrial property investment is to have:
- Good leases
- Good tenants
- Good vacancy awareness and minimisation strategies
- Sound recovery of property operational costs
- Good maintenance controls
- Good insurance strategies
- Minimal exposure to risk from the property
- Well established permitted use and compliances
- Good income and expenditure budgets
Industrial property is the market segment that is normally suffering early in an economic downturn. That is due to the close integration between the industrial business community and the consumer. Fortunately, it is the industrial property market that responds quickly when the economy moves towards growth and stability. Landlords should respect this fact and monitor their way through the downtimes as they will always come and go.
Investment Property is cyclical and will on average move through a complete cycle every 7 to 10 years. In today's market, many investors know that real opportunity exists today at the beginning of a new property cycle. This cycle is currently evident in most countries and major cities.