Not all Commercial Real Estate Agents Near Me in Rosslyn should be auctioned, but the auction method of sale does have real advantages if the property is just right and the market is accepting of that method of sale. Here is why.
The key governing factors to determine if auction is a real chance or choice for the commercial property owner are the current levels of enquiry for that property type, and the prevailing business sentiment. If this is the case then you can look further at auction.
The auction method of sale is a proven time based sale process that flushes out the enquiry and if the investment property ticks all the other boxes such as acceptable (and not excessive) levels of comparable property on the market that are competing with the subject property coming up for auction.
Do not overlook the advantages of auctioning a commercial property. Just make sure all the other existing elements are in support of that method of sale before you start, which is why they use commercial business industrial property buildings for sale agents.
How Do You Select The Commercial Business Industrial Property Buildings for Sale in Rosslyn?
The very first thing you need to ask yourself when wanting to purchase a new commercial property is what is its value not it's selling price? You need to know what you're going to be able to sell it for in order to make a profit before buying it. Also ask yourself if the asking price is relative to the income the property is generating.
Vendors usually take chances and try to price a commercial property based on its future value. Unfortunately most vendors don't get their properties sold as banks don't look at the future value but the current market value of that property. So how do you value commercial property? Below are three tips I use to help me make the right decision when buying a property.
In other words if you have a property that generated R150,000 per year but it has expenses of R50,000 per year that would leave you with a NOI of R100,000 per year. If you purchased a property worth one million rand and it generates a income of R100,000 per year that would be called a 10 cap property. The 10 cap means you would get a 10% return on your investment each and every year for your one million rand invested assuming you bought the property cash.
What s the Best Way To Look For Commercial Real Estate Property?
Many property investors choose industrial property as their first type of property investment outside of residential property. This then shows that the first time or smaller property investors believe that industrial property has key advantages for them.
The main advantage we can see frequently is that industrial property is relatively simple and basic when it comes to property performance. It is not hard for property investors to know what to do and what to control with property rents, leases, and property maintenance.
So what could be some other elements of industrial performance that are worth considering if you were and investor and you wanted to purchase a good property or something with real potential? Here is a list to get you started.
These are the most common points of concern and focus in industrial property that we come across as we speak to many investors, tenants, and real estate agents.
- Transport routes to the property and those that are used by a typical industrial tenant must be understood. The routes must be easily accessible as a system of raw material supply and product distribution.
- Many tenants need raw materials as part of their business operation. What are these raw materials and how easy is it for the tenant to get them? Look at the access factors for air transport, shipping and port access, together with freeways and the main road networks.
- The power to the property should be of the type that industry uses. In most cases that is what we call '3 phase' or 'high tension' power. It is the type of power supply that industry needs for large machinery function. If this power is not available you will have to assess how much it will cost to get it to the property.
- Cost and supply of labour force is important to industrial tenants. Invariably they will need people to work in the business. Proximity of the industrial property to local residential areas or towns will help with a source of labour supply; however another advantage with this will be access to public transport for the employees.
- Moving the end manufactured goods to their market is quite important to the industrial tenant. Today we see reasonable flexibility with truck transport and road networks however some very heavy or bulky goods will need rail heads as a point of distribution. Rail transport still has the advantage when it comes to large volume and heavy goods.
- Industrial property investment seems to be strongest in performance around major cities with established growth cycles. Even in a slow economic cycle these industrial properties will perform given the interaction with the community and reasonable access to end markets.
- In good property markets the industrial property tends to give higher levels of return when compared to office and retail property. This is an analysis on average so the other elements of location, tenant selection, and market access are still important to the equation. The industrial property market is still robust when economic cycles are positive.
- When economic cycles change to the positive, it is the industrial property that responds first even before office and retail property.
- Leasing industrial property is basic and simple. Vacancies are easy to manage providing the property is not too special in design that limits tenant usage.
- Rents are usually on a net rent basis and the tenants normally take responsibility for the payment of outgoings. In saying that, the landlord needs to ensure that they have a sound accounting process that checks the tenant in that payment cycle. The landlord does not need or want an unpaid account and fines applied thereto.
- When the property market is active, the pre-lease market on new industrial property construction is quite strong. It is the timing of the release of newer industrial projects that needs to be carefully managed.
- Owner occupation is an element of industrial property performance that moves in cycles. Reading, developing and selling into that property market can be lucrative. This also says that the owner occupiers of industrial property will also sell out of their owned property. Real estate agents can tap into the major businesses to capture this source of new industrial property listings.
- When the property market is 'strong' the yields achieved on well positioned industrial property at sale time are usually attractive for the seller. This does say that care must be exercised in having good tenants, great leases, great location, and a well maintained property.
- Buyers of industrial property come from two sources. That is the investor market and the owner occupiers. This provides versatility in property disposal if one market segment is slower.
- Corporate investors will move property in and out of the balance sheet as the company changes and repositions itself for business advantage. Monitoring the media for such changes will give investors a source of opportunity. The process of 'sale and lease back' is common in industrial property.
- Ample car parking for staff and customers
- Good loading and turning areas for trucks
- Functional office areas that support the warehouse operation
- Generous warehouse height and entry points for trucks and storage
- Security for the premises
- Access to quality business communication systems including telephone, data, internet, and mobile communications
- Good signage at the front of the property that gives the business a clear identity
- Proximity to services such as roads, transport, water, gas, electricity, and other industrial tenants.
These elements are the most common that we see in successful industrial property. Whether you be a real estate agent, a property investor, or a business needing a building to occupy, you can start with this basic list and add your special criteria to formulate the profile of a good industrial property in your area.
Find All Commercial Real Estate Agents Near Me in Rosslyn
Real estate has always been known as the safest of investments.
In fact, real estate investment completed after proper research into and evaluation of the property (to determine actual and future value), can lead to tremendous profit.
This is one reason many people choose real estate investment as their full time job.
Discussions about real estate tend to focus on residential real estate; commercial real estate, except to seasoned investors, typically seems to take a back seat.
However, commercial real estate is also a great option for investing in real estate.
Commercial real estate includes a large variety of property types.
To a majority of people, commercial real estate is only office complexes or factories or industrial units.
However, that is not all of commercial real estate. There is far more to commercial real estate.
Strip malls, health care centers, retail units and warehouse are all good examples of commercial real estate as is vacant land.
Even residential properties like apartments (or any property that consists of more than four residential units) are considered commercial real estate. In fact, such commercial real estate is very much in demand.
Or in another case (i.e. when a retail boom is expected in a region), though your commercial real estate investment strategy was devised around purchasing vacant land, you might find it more profitable to buy a property such as a strip mall or small plaza that you can lease to retailers or a property that you can convert into a warehouse for the purpose of renting to small businesses.
So in a nutshell, commercial real estate presents a veritable plethora of
investing opportunities, you just need to recognize them and go for it.
About the Author:
Dave Jarvis is a licensed Real Estate Broker in Florida and is Broker and Owner of Realty Concepts, Inc. a Southwest Florida Real Estate Corporation.
If you are interested in Southwest Florida Properties see his website at [http://www.rciflorida.com]
For additional Real Estate information go to: [http://www.realestateseekerusa.com]
For Real Estate Financing information see : [http://www.mortgageseekerusa.com]
Commercial Real Estate - Big Profits
To sell or lease a commercial property as a real estate agent you have to tap into the target market and do it well. This says that you have to understand that target market in your location before you start the process of promotion. To define a target market is sometimes hard given the relative property.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What media will reach the target market in a direct and sustained way?
- What is the best time to promote the property to the target market?
- What is the capability of the target market to act and purchase the property at the moment?
- Why would the target market buy or lease such a property now or at any future time?
The internet today is playing a significant part in the promotion of property. It is cheaper but available to all in most marketing campaigns. It has a sustained promotional life and has the ability to capture enquiry for many weeks.
When the enquiry starts to come in, it should be captured and categorised. The value of a great database of buyers, sellers, landlords, and tenants is high in the operation of a real estate office. The more people you know the better the listings and enquiry will be. This is where a team of good salespeople all running an accurate database of well qualified prospects can make a significant difference in the market place.