Industrial Property and Commercial Business Buildings for sale in Johannesburg – Are They The Answer To Your Investment Problem?
Selling Industrial commercial properties is not an easy task. The most common thought that comes to most when selling property is which real estate agent to choose. There are thousands of real estate agents that are listed in the phone book, online, advertised on television and in the street. So who do you choose?
Never go with your first option – there are so many real estate agents to choose from, so you should always research agents thoroughly. Selling your factory property is an important decision, so make another important decision by choosing the right real estate agent. Find out how below:
• First, try to use someone that is reliable. The best way to find out who is reliable is by seeking candidates that your friends or family have used in the past. These people will be able to give you a truthful and firsthand experience of what it was like to work with that particular real estate agent.
• Another benefit of the real estate agent is if he or she has sold and is familiar with the neighbourhood where your commercial property is located.
• Lastly, the schedule of you and your agent should be compatible. Communication is key in selling property, but if you and the agent cannot find a common ground in your schedules, it is unlikely that the partnership will turn out favourably.
If you follow these tips to choosing the best real estate agent to sell or lease your commercial property then you should be well on the way to being a happy landlord or even a very wealthy vendor!
How Do You Quickly Determine the Value of Commercial Property for Sale?
U.S. Real estate markets are not so-healthy as they were for decades. First the residential property sector was plagued by the foreclosure crisis and is yet to recover from the devastation. Arising out of the foreclosure crisis, there were many cyclic reactions in the financial market. The cash-crunch spread fast to other areas of financial activities - like auto loans; credit card purchases; hotel room occupancy; business revenues in shopping malls; renting office complexes and so on. Commercial new construction projects were either put off or abandoned totally, aggravating unemployment problem etc.
The commercial real estate market is inevitably inter-related with all the above businesses. As such the depletion in business revenues is reflected in foreclosure of commercial properties also. How? For example, if a big hotel losses heavily on revenue by the non-occupancy of its rooms, ultimately financial commitments, including the mortgage repayments get hard-hit. The situation of default in mortgage repayment, consecutively for months, eventually leads to foreclosure and distress sale of the commercial property concerned. Needless to mention a distress sale will bring the market value of the property deep down.
The impact of commercial foreclosures has led to closing of financial institutions in huge numbers. Of a total of 8,000 U.S. banks dealing in commercial property finances, already 250 have been closed; 1300 banks have been advised by the regulators, to reduce concentration of Commercial Real Estate property loans; and many of them are expecting closure or taken by stronger competitors.
However, in the Real Estate industry circles, it is reported that in a "Sentiment Survey" conducted among 100 senior real estate personnel by the Real Estate Round Table, during the second quarter of this year, 82% of the participants expressed satisfaction that the commercial real estate market is better than last year.
Industrial Real Estate Market, Is It Set To Create Record Breakthroughs in 2017?
Not all commercial investment properties should be auctioned, but the auction method of sale does have real advantages if the property is just right and the market is accepting of that method of sale. Here is why.
The key governing factors to determine if auction is a real chance or choice for the property owner are the current levels of enquiry for that property type, and the prevailing business sentiment. If this is the case then you can look further at auction.
The auction method of sale is a proven time based sale process that flushes out the enquiry and if the investment property ticks all the other boxes such as:
- Preferred property type in the local market.
- Good improvements on the property.
- Location factors that attract enquiry.
- Capital growth opportunities.
- Good tenant profile or anchor tenant.
- Good lease structure that supports stability of rent.
- Low vacancy factors and associated risk.
- Tenant mix that is well structured and balanced for property function and rent growth. This is really important in retail property.
- A realistic seller with a reserve price that allows for comparable property evidence and other sales history.
- A vendor funded marketing campaign that targets the right buyers and activates enquiry from them.
- Acceptable (and not excessive) levels of comparable property on the market that are competing with the subject property coming up for auction.
Do not overlook the advantages of auctioning a commercial property. Just make sure all the other existing elements are in support of that method of sale before you start.
How To Value Commercial Property
Many commercial real estate agents will tell you they sell commercial property. The reality is that only a few individuals and companies in any given area sell a lot of commercial property. There are some reasons for this.
- Many salespeople only do general commercial property sales and do not specialise in any particular property segment
- Database size and diversity is low offering small numbers of prospects
- Market intelligence on sales and values is poor
- Prospecting is a random event done as a last resort when things are tough
- The links between property leasing and sales is not respected and optimised
- Focus on skills and knowledge development is lacking for many individuals
This is all about knowing your property market and staying in front of the trends and needs. Commercial real estate is really a people business. The industry is built around logical decisions for both landlords and tenants. When you can provide the property logic and the right information, then more listings and commissions can come your way.
- Industrial Real Estate For Sale Near Me Germiston
- Cheap Commercial Property For Sale Near Me Centurion
- Commercial Real Estate Investing Near Me Alberton
- Business With Property For Sale Near Me Pretoria North
- Where To Buy Commercial Property Near Me Boksburg
- Cheap Commercial Land For Sale Near Me Milnerton
- Commercial Industrial Property For Sale Near Me Johannesburg West
- Commercial Real Estate Land For Sale Near Me Randburg
- Industrial Property For Sale Near Me Pretoria East
- Industrial Real Estate For Sale Near Me Northern Suburbs
- Real Estate Agents For Commercial Properties Near Me Johannesburg South
- Buying A Commercial Property Near Me Kempton Park