Not all Small Commercial Building For Sale Near Me in Kya Sands should be auctioned, but the auction method of sale does have real advantages if the property is just right and the market is accepting of that method of sale. Here is why.
The key governing factors to determine if auction is a real chance or choice for the commercial property owner are the current levels of enquiry for that property type, and the prevailing business sentiment. If this is the case then you can look further at auction.
The auction method of sale is a proven time based sale process that flushes out the enquiry and if the investment property ticks all the other boxes such as acceptable (and not excessive) levels of comparable property on the market that are competing with the subject property coming up for auction.
Do not overlook the advantages of auctioning a commercial property. Just make sure all the other existing elements are in support of that method of sale before you start, which is why they use commercial business industrial property buildings for sale agents.
How Do You Select The Commercial Business Industrial Property Buildings for Sale in Kya Sands?
Not all commercial investment properties should be auctioned, but the auction method of sale does have real advantages if the property is just right and the market is accepting of that method of sale. Here is why.
The key governing factors to determine if auction is a real chance or choice for the property owner are the current levels of enquiry for that property type, and the prevailing business sentiment. If this is the case then you can look further at auction.
The auction method of sale is a proven time based sale process that flushes out the enquiry and if the investment property ticks all the other boxes such as:
- Preferred property type in the local market.
- Good improvements on the property.
- Location factors that attract enquiry.
- Capital growth opportunities.
- Good tenant profile or anchor tenant.
- Good lease structure that supports stability of rent.
- Low vacancy factors and associated risk.
- Tenant mix that is well structured and balanced for property function and rent growth. This is really important in retail property.
- A realistic seller with a reserve price that allows for comparable property evidence and other sales history.
- A vendor funded marketing campaign that targets the right buyers and activates enquiry from them.
- Acceptable (and not excessive) levels of comparable property on the market that are competing with the subject property coming up for auction.
Do not overlook the advantages of auctioning a commercial property. Just make sure all the other existing elements are in support of that method of sale before you start.
How to Find Strong and Accurate Comps for Commercial Real Estate
2016 was truly a record-breaking year for US's industrial real estate sector. The previous year saw this sector's demand outpace its supply, and this trend isn't slowing down in 2017. Because of this bullish trend, the sector's vacancy rate has driven down to 5.8 percent-this was the figure, which was released by JLL Industrial Investment Outlook, in the third quarter of 2016.
Because of this trend, the landlords are benefited as the rates of rents rose up to 8.2 percent when compared with those in 2015. Seeing this trend, the investors-are grabbing the opportunities to buy real estate in this expanding market and leveraging the private sector financing via commercial mortgage lenders.
In the industrial real estate sector, the year-over-year investment is down by 28.9 percent from the third quarter of 2015, but the total investment volumes look to be on track because they're all set to create the second-largest tally since the Great Recession.
Due to this, 2017 has a few uncertainties as far as the industrial real estate is concerned. However, the overall outlook of this sector continues to appear optimistic. The mix of uncertainties and optimism defining today's real-estate sector has motivated us to give you five top factors that'll drive the industrial real estate's demand this year.
Creative industrial realty development is rising
The unprecedented demand for industrial real estate and the push to improve delivery services may easily influence development across the US. This development may further persuade a lot of companies to find a space in secondary or even tertiary markets. Because of this, small-sized urban-core warehouses, reconverted assets, fulfillment centers, and multistory warehouses can easily become solutions for several businesses this year.
As there are many changes taking place in regulations and policies related to trade, transportation and storage sectors might easily get affected. Nevertheless, the fundamentals remain, like always, strong. The construction and infrastructure are doubtlessly looking promising owing to the growth of e-commerce. Because of all these driving factors, we're pretty optimistic about the prospects of industrial realty sector flourishing in the coming time.
Find All Small Commercial Building For Sale Near Me in Kya Sands
What commercial property types should you buy? You should consider the pros & cons of each property type, as well as, have a good understanding of your investment objectives and your experience. These factors will help lead you to your ideal commercial property.
Listed below are the most common commercial property types.
Apartments or multi-family buildings are usually the first choice for new commercial investors. Apartment management and financing is very similar to residential, and so new investors feel more comfortable with them. The main disadvantage with apartments, is that they are management intensive.
In order for an apartment to be considered commercial property, it must have 5 or more units. There are numerous sub-types of apartments:
When you are looking at properties to purchase, pay close attention to the location and general market for that area. You will want to avoid properties that are located in economically depressed or seasonal areas. Also, the property should have acceptable aesthetic qualities to be competitive with market standards and have a minimum occupancy of at least 85%.
What if the property you are evaluating has inferior physical characteristics or is in an economically depressed area?
You may have a higher interest rate, higher reserves and tighter underwriting constraints.
These property types are nursing homes, congregate care and assisted living centers. Properties should be close to retail and community services. Be cautious of properties in economically depressed or seasonal areas. Also, be sure that the property complies with ADA requirements.
Hotels are characterized as either Full Service or Limited Service.
Full Service Hotels can be further divided into Luxury, Upscale, Mid-scale, and Extended Stay hotels.
Limited Service Hotels can be further divided into Mid-scale, Economy, Budget and Extended Stay. When considering hotel properties, the property should have a stable operational history. A property with a history of four or less years should be scrutinized. The minimum acceptable occupancy is usually 60%. Lenders also prefer franchise affiliated hotels with franchise agreements extending beyond the term of the proposed loan.
These property types will have usage for industrial purposes only. Such as
Also is called Mini-Storage, it is used for personal storage for lease by consumers.
These property types are unique and the financing them can be difficult. They include
gas stations, oil change facilities, etc.
Commercial Real Estate - Why Auction Investment Property for Sale?
Many property investors choose industrial property as their first type of property investment outside of residential property. This then shows that the first time or smaller property investors believe that industrial property has key advantages for them.
The main advantage we can see frequently is that industrial property is relatively simple and basic when it comes to property performance. It is not hard for property investors to know what to do and what to control with property rents, leases, and property maintenance.
So what could be some other elements of industrial performance that are worth considering if you were and investor and you wanted to purchase a good property or something with real potential? Here is a list to get you started.
These are the most common points of concern and focus in industrial property that we come across as we speak to many investors, tenants, and real estate agents.
- Transport routes to the property and those that are used by a typical industrial tenant must be understood. The routes must be easily accessible as a system of raw material supply and product distribution.
- Many tenants need raw materials as part of their business operation. What are these raw materials and how easy is it for the tenant to get them? Look at the access factors for air transport, shipping and port access, together with freeways and the main road networks.
- The power to the property should be of the type that industry uses. In most cases that is what we call '3 phase' or 'high tension' power. It is the type of power supply that industry needs for large machinery function. If this power is not available you will have to assess how much it will cost to get it to the property.
- Cost and supply of labour force is important to industrial tenants. Invariably they will need people to work in the business. Proximity of the industrial property to local residential areas or towns will help with a source of labour supply; however another advantage with this will be access to public transport for the employees.
- Moving the end manufactured goods to their market is quite important to the industrial tenant. Today we see reasonable flexibility with truck transport and road networks however some very heavy or bulky goods will need rail heads as a point of distribution. Rail transport still has the advantage when it comes to large volume and heavy goods.
- Industrial property investment seems to be strongest in performance around major cities with established growth cycles. Even in a slow economic cycle these industrial properties will perform given the interaction with the community and reasonable access to end markets.
- In good property markets the industrial property tends to give higher levels of return when compared to office and retail property. This is an analysis on average so the other elements of location, tenant selection, and market access are still important to the equation. The industrial property market is still robust when economic cycles are positive.
- When economic cycles change to the positive, it is the industrial property that responds first even before office and retail property.
- Leasing industrial property is basic and simple. Vacancies are easy to manage providing the property is not too special in design that limits tenant usage.
- Rents are usually on a net rent basis and the tenants normally take responsibility for the payment of outgoings. In saying that, the landlord needs to ensure that they have a sound accounting process that checks the tenant in that payment cycle. The landlord does not need or want an unpaid account and fines applied thereto.
- When the property market is active, the pre-lease market on new industrial property construction is quite strong. It is the timing of the release of newer industrial projects that needs to be carefully managed.
- Owner occupation is an element of industrial property performance that moves in cycles. Reading, developing and selling into that property market can be lucrative. This also says that the owner occupiers of industrial property will also sell out of their owned property. Real estate agents can tap into the major businesses to capture this source of new industrial property listings.
- When the property market is 'strong' the yields achieved on well positioned industrial property at sale time are usually attractive for the seller. This does say that care must be exercised in having good tenants, great leases, great location, and a well maintained property.
- Buyers of industrial property come from two sources. That is the investor market and the owner occupiers. This provides versatility in property disposal if one market segment is slower.
- Corporate investors will move property in and out of the balance sheet as the company changes and repositions itself for business advantage. Monitoring the media for such changes will give investors a source of opportunity. The process of 'sale and lease back' is common in industrial property.
- Ample car parking for staff and customers
- Good loading and turning areas for trucks
- Functional office areas that support the warehouse operation
- Generous warehouse height and entry points for trucks and storage
- Security for the premises
- Access to quality business communication systems including telephone, data, internet, and mobile communications
- Good signage at the front of the property that gives the business a clear identity
- Proximity to services such as roads, transport, water, gas, electricity, and other industrial tenants.
These elements are the most common that we see in successful industrial property. Whether you be a real estate agent, a property investor, or a business needing a building to occupy, you can start with this basic list and add your special criteria to formulate the profile of a good industrial property in your area.