How Do you Select Best industrial property and commercial business Buildings for sale in Alberton?
[tag] is a specialist field. Not all property agents know enough about the commercial property market and the property type to do it well. Sellers in Alberton should choose their agent with care.
The owners of investment property that want to sell their asset should carefully choose a real estate agent that is well versed in the market trends and the property type. That agent should also show a high level of current market share and success in commercial property in Alberton over the years.
Selling commercial property is not an ‘experiment’ or an exercise in ‘hope and pray’. When undertaken correctly in any market situation by a skilful agent, a property will attract enquiry and a sale is possible. The result then sits on the client’s ability to accept the industrial property for sale market price and market evidence. There are always buyers out there; they just have to be found and the sellers need to be accepting of the market trends.
Interesting Facts About Industrial Property and Commercial Business Buildings for Sale in Alberton:
U.S. Real estate markets are not so-healthy as they were for decades. First the residential property sector was plagued by the foreclosure crisis and is yet to recover from the devastation. Arising out of the foreclosure crisis, there were many cyclic reactions in the financial market. The cash-crunch spread fast to other areas of financial activities - like auto loans; credit card purchases; hotel room occupancy; business revenues in shopping malls; renting office complexes and so on. Commercial new construction projects were either put off or abandoned totally, aggravating unemployment problem etc.
The commercial real estate market is inevitably inter-related with all the above businesses. As such the depletion in business revenues is reflected in foreclosure of commercial properties also. How? For example, if a big hotel losses heavily on revenue by the non-occupancy of its rooms, ultimately financial commitments, including the mortgage repayments get hard-hit. The situation of default in mortgage repayment, consecutively for months, eventually leads to foreclosure and distress sale of the commercial property concerned. Needless to mention a distress sale will bring the market value of the property deep down.
The impact of commercial foreclosures has led to closing of financial institutions in huge numbers. Of a total of 8,000 U.S. banks dealing in commercial property finances, already 250 have been closed; 1300 banks have been advised by the regulators, to reduce concentration of Commercial Real Estate property loans; and many of them are expecting closure or taken by stronger competitors.
However, in the Real Estate industry circles, it is reported that in a "Sentiment Survey" conducted among 100 senior real estate personnel by the Real Estate Round Table, during the second quarter of this year, 82% of the participants expressed satisfaction that the commercial real estate market is better than last year.
Commercial Real Estate Property
"Property on ground lease" is among the most confusing phrases, even to commercial real estate brokers. There are up to 3 parties in a "property on ground lease": the business owner, e.g. Burger King, the landowner and the building owner. When you see a sale of "property on ground lease", it could mean:
1. Sale of land only. In this case, the building owner is the tenant, e.g. Burger King that has a business in the building. The tenant typically signs a 10-20 years absolute NNN ground lease with the landowner to lease the parcel. Should the tenant not renew the lease or be in default of the lease by not paying rent, the building with substantial value is reverted to the landowner. The tenant will make every effort to pay rent to avoid losing the building to the landlord. And so the cap rate for this property is about 1-2% lower than a property with both land and building.
There are a couple of possible scenarios that could lead into a land sale only:
· The business owner, e.g. a Burger King franchisee, could own both land and building originally. He then structures the sale of land only to an investor and then leases it back. He receives the tax benefits of being able to depreciate 100% of the building and fixtures. The tenant could later sell his interest in the building without the land to another investor and lease back the building.
6. Is it easy to sell your interest if the lease has a few years left? If you own the land, your interest may be hard to sell, but still sellable. Once the ground lease expires, the building owner owns nothing. As a result, this can make it quite challenging to find a buyer for the building.
7. Tax write-off's: Land does not depreciate for income tax purposes. The building, on the other hand is 100% depreciable.
8. Financing: if you buy the land portion, you should be able to obtain 65% LTV financing in today's market, just like a typical property with both land and improvements. However, it's very difficult to get financing for the building acquisition, especially when the ground lease has less than 20 years left.
Therefore, when you see a "property on ground lease" for sale, make sure you know what you are buying, considering there are many factors involved that can adversely impact/contest an investor's decision. If you're contemplating on buying the building without the land, think twice and make sure you have a clear understanding of all the plusses/minuses involved in this decision.
Search for Business Locations For Sale Near Me in Alberton
Before we answer this question, it might be helpful to actually define each term first.
Retail and industrial are both considered 'commercial real estate' (as opposed to 'residential real estate'). Commercial real estate refers to buildings or land intended to generate profit; industrial and retail are simply sub-categories of commercial real estate.
Firstly an industrial property is defined as a property used for the actual manufacturing of something, and can be considered either a factory or plant. This is usually zoned for light, medium or heavy industry. This includes things such as warehouses, garages and distribution centers etc.
Retail property is a commercially zoned property used solely for business purposes, the actual selling of the product, rather than its manufacture - retail stores, malls, shopping centers and shops all huddling nicely under the retail umbrella.
3) Natural Light - in especially high demand nowadays
4) Location - close to other offices, public amenities, transportation etc.
Since 1980, retail property has returned an average of 9%, though is currently returning around 6%. Industrial real estate tends to be the most volatile, and is currently returning around 7% (as opposed to its peak of around 12% during the 1990's recession).
And obviously, no matter which form of commercial property you're considering, read the lease carefully. Sounds like a silly thing to say, but you'd be very surprised at the issues that can become issues simply because things weren't read properly!
Tips for Selling Commercial Property
If you want to earn more than what you get when working with an employer, it is high time for you to invest and start up your own business. But of course, before investing and putting up a business, you have to see to it that you can do and what business can you put up to make you obtain success. No doubt Miami is one of the cities in Us that is growing and know for its high business opportunities. With this, there are more and more individuals, who visit that city, enjoy and have fun. There are also some who stayed in the city for good, either they wish to explore the beauty of the city or they want to obtain success through the job opportunities in Miami.
In your desire to buy a Miami commercial real estate property, you have to give time, effort and alertness. Of course, you wish to get the right property in order for you to easily cater your target market. So you have to choose the right location or neighborhood in order to assure that things will work out well.
You can use the internet in looking for Miami commercial real estate properties to choose from and pick the one that you think is the right one for you.